As a Certified B Corporation, we believe in protecting the environment while being transparent about our impact. Crystal Creek reports the scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions impact from our operations in our monthly newsletter. We feel that business is about so much more than profit, it’s about leading by example to make a difference in the world.
How Are Emissions Categorized and Reported?
The Greenhouse Gas Protocol divides emissions into three distinct categories.
- Scope 1: All direct greenhouse gas emissions from operations.
- Scope 2: Indirect greenhouse gas emissions from consumption of purchased electricity, heat or steam.
- Scope 3: Other indirect emissions, such as the extraction and production of purchased materials and fuels, transport-related activities in vehicles not owned or controlled by the reporting entity, outsourced activities, waste disposal, etc.
Sustainable thinking is a part of everything we do. Crystal Creek has committed to purchase carbon offset credits and renewable energy credits to help offset the impact of our emissions.
Emissions are reported in metric tons of CO2e released. With the help of a dedicated group of staff, Crystal Creek has implemented data collection and reporting for all emissions resulting from our operations.
- Crystal Creek Scope 1: Dry ice and company owned vehicle use.
- Crystal Creek Scope 2: Purchased electricity and natural gas.
- Crystal Creek Scope 3: All other indirect emissions.